Re: [hylafax-users] problem faxing after version update...!?!

>>Did you use the C4L & C4H shipped with SuSE distribution or the ones
>>from  AVM (i don't really know if there is a difference between them)?
>

> Yes! I've installed the both C4L & C4H shipped with SuSe distribution.
> However later I tried the C4H from AVM and I have now C4L v.2003.3.10-7,
> C4H v.01.02.02. I got a response to my mail earlier from a Egon Rinderer
> in this list that he had loads of problems with hylafax shipped with
> SuSe 8.2.
>

>>>and tried to send a fax with c2sendfax. Unfortunately, I'm not recieving
>>>the fax to this number, but to another line +49.40.77291077 (this is
>>
>>This is a "conventional" fax machine?
>>Can you send a fax via c2faxsend (e.g. to a conventional machine)?
>

> Yes. I can send to a conventional fax machine and c2faxsend works from
> command manually.
>

>>>because the PBX is configured to redirect the fax to 77 if 10 is not
>>>listening). I thought it may be a problem with the line. So I tried to
>>>send a fax manually from a fax machine (77291077) to the installed ISDN
>>>Controller (77291010), but I don't recieve the fax.
>>
>>I assume this means, that the fax is not answering.
>>Is c2faxrecv running? After installation it is commented out in
>>/etc/inittab.
>>Is "AcceptSpeech" set to "1" in config.FaxCAPI?
>

> checked out the inittab file and it has the line for c2faxrecv, I guess
> there is no problem with that, but when I use c2faxrecv at the command
> prompt I get a error message as follows.
>
> root# c2faxrecv
>
> Can't open file "/var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.faxCAPI. Use default
> values.
> CapiFaxRecv: Can't change to spool directory "/var/spool/hylafax"!

Does this directory exist actually? In your config.faxCAPI you refer to
/var/spool/fax!
Where is the config.faxCAPI located?

I addition, the spooldir seems to be set to /var/spool/hylafax.

>>Did you tell C4H the hylafax-spool-dir or was it recognized correctly
>>during installation?
>

> I run faxsetup and it recognized the hylafax-spool-dir and I left it to
> default configuration. see config.faxCAPI;

faxsetup is a hylafax-script! I meant the C4H installation: Did you use
the "-p /var/spool/fax" option?

> # default   /var/spool/fax
> #
> SpoolDir:               /var/spool/fax

config.faxCAPI is searched in /var/spool/hylafax/etc!
Why do you have different SpoolDir's?

> # default   /var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd
> #
> FaxRcvdCmd:             /var/spool/fax/bin/faxrcvd
>
> # default   /var/spool/hylafax/bin/pollrcvd
> #
> PollRcvdCmd:             /var/spool/fax/bin/pollrcvd
>
> # default   ""
> #
> FaxReceiveUser:         uucp
>
> # default   ""
> #
> LogFile:                # /tmp/capifax.log
>
> # default   0
> #
> LogTraceLevel:          0
>
> # default   0600
> #
> LogFileMode:            0600
>

> {
>
>     # default   faxCAPI
>     #
>     HylafaxDeviceName:          faxCAPI
>

>     # default   0600
>     #
>     RecvFileMode:               0600
>

>     # default   ""
>     #
>     FAXNumber:                  +49.40.77201010
>

>     # default   ""
>     #
>     LocalIdentifier:            "ARCUS Dichtelemente GmbH"
>

>     # default   2
>     #
>     MaxConcurrentRecvs:         2
>

>     # default   ""
>     #
>     OutgoingMSN:                +49.40.7729100

Just use an MSN here, e.g. 7729100.

>     # default   0
>     #
>     SuppressMSN:                0
>

>     # default   ""
>     #
>     NumberPrefix:
>

>     # default   0
>     #
>     UseISDNFaxService:          0
>

>     # default   0
>     #
>     RingingDuration:            0
>

>     # ----------- incoming params -----------
>     {
>
>         # default   1
>         #
>         Controller:             1
>

>         # default   0
>         #
>         AcceptSpeech:           1
>

>         # default   0
>         #
>         UseDDI:                 0
>

>         # default   ""
>         #
>         DDIOffset:
>

>         # default   0
>         #
>         DDILength:              0
>

>         # default   ""
>         #
>         IncomingDDIs:
>

>         # default   ""
>         #
>         IncomingMSNs:
>

>         # default   1
>         #
>         AcceptGlobalCall:   1
>     }
> }
>
> But I don't understand why c2faxrecv give a wrong spool directory? And
> don't know where to change it? If I run faxsetup again it doesn#t show
> the configuration again.

First test it with the -C and -q option to point c2faxrecv to a
different path:

c2faxrecv -C /var/spool/fax/etc/config.faxCAPI -q /var/spool/fax

If this works, reinstall capi4hylafax with the "-p" option mentioned above.

--
Holger