Re: [hylafax-users] problem faxing after version update...!?!

Hi,

Thanks for your reponse!

> > Now I have SuSe 8.2 and sucessfully set up my file/printing services.
> > But wasn't successful with hylafax. I've installed the C4L & C4H came
> > with SuSe 8.2, configured the config.faxCAPI to number +49.40.77291010
>
> new game, new luck!

New game with new problems ;-)

> Did you use the C4L & C4H shipped with SuSE distribution or the ones
> from  AVM (i don't really know if there is a difference between them)?

Yes! I've installed the both C4L & C4H shipped with SuSe distribution.
However later I tried the C4H from AVM and I have now C4L v.2003.3.10-7,
C4H v.01.02.02. I got a response to my mail earlier from a Egon Rinderer
in this list that he had loads of problems with hylafax shipped with
SuSe 8.2.

> > and tried to send a fax with c2sendfax. Unfortunately, I'm not recieving
> > the fax to this number, but to another line +49.40.77291077 (this is
>
> This is a "conventional" fax machine?
> Can you send a fax via c2faxsend (e.g. to a conventional machine)?

Yes. I can send to a conventional fax machine and c2faxsend works from
command manually.

> > because the PBX is configured to redirect the fax to 77 if 10 is not
> > listening). I thought it may be a problem with the line. So I tried to
> > send a fax manually from a fax machine (77291077) to the installed ISDN
> > Controller (77291010), but I don't recieve the fax.
>
> I assume this means, that the fax is not answering.
> Is c2faxrecv running? After installation it is commented out in
> /etc/inittab.
> Is "AcceptSpeech" set to "1" in config.FaxCAPI?

checked out the inittab file and it has the line for c2faxrecv, I guess
there is no problem with that, but when I use c2faxrecv at the command
prompt I get a error message as follows.

root# c2faxrecv

Can't open file "/var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.faxCAPI. Use default
values.
CapiFaxRecv: Can't change to spool directory "/var/spool/hylafax"!

> Did you tell C4H the hylafax-spool-dir or was it recognized correctly
> during installation?

I run faxsetup and it recognized the hylafax-spool-dir and I left it to
default configuration. see config.faxCAPI;

# default   /var/spool/fax
#
SpoolDir:               /var/spool/fax

# default   /var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd
#
FaxRcvdCmd:             /var/spool/fax/bin/faxrcvd

# default   /var/spool/hylafax/bin/pollrcvd
#
PollRcvdCmd:             /var/spool/fax/bin/pollrcvd

# default   ""
#
FaxReceiveUser:         uucp

# default   ""
#
LogFile:                # /tmp/capifax.log

# default   0
#
LogTraceLevel:          0

# default   0600
#
LogFileMode:            0600

{

    # default   faxCAPI
    #
    HylafaxDeviceName:          faxCAPI

    # default   0600
    #
    RecvFileMode:               0600

    # default   ""
    #
    FAXNumber:                  +49.40.77201010

    # default   ""
    #
    LocalIdentifier:            "ARCUS Dichtelemente GmbH"

    # default   2
    #
    MaxConcurrentRecvs:         2

    # default   ""
    #
    OutgoingMSN:                +49.40.7729100

    # default   0
    #
    SuppressMSN:                0

    # default   ""
    #
    NumberPrefix:

    # default   0
    #
    UseISDNFaxService:          0

    # default   0
    #
    RingingDuration:            0

    # ----------- incoming params -----------
    {

        # default   1
        #
        Controller:             1

        # default   0
        #
        AcceptSpeech:           1

        # default   0
        #
        UseDDI:                 0

        # default   ""
        #
        DDIOffset:

        # default   0
        #
        DDILength:              0

        # default   ""
        #
        IncomingDDIs:

        # default   ""
        #
        IncomingMSNs:

        # default   1
        #
        AcceptGlobalCall:   1
    }
}

But I don't understand why c2faxrecv give a wrong spool directory? And
don't know where to change it? If I run faxsetup again it doesn#t show
the configuration again.

> > I looked into the SuSe support for some information and I got this;
> > http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/kkeil_b1v4_8.2.html >
> > Could this problem related to the driver installation? or is it related
> > to hylafax configuration?
>
> As there is a solution offered, you can test if this helps. If yes, it
> is a driver problem.

This problem is related to the error "CAPI not installed" when trying to
send fax using c2faxsend. A temporary workaraound is to run capiinit at
the command manually and c2faxsend works. But this doesn't solve the
problem I described here.

-
Shafeer.