Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax receives faxes at all incoming numbers

Holger Raschke wrote:

> > I ran into the problem that my hylafax setup receives faxes, no matter
> > which MSN they were sent to. i'd like hylafax to only pick up for one
> > specific MSN, but i have been unable to get that working.
> >
> > i've been playing around with the IncomingMSN and IncomingMSNs options,
> > but the result is that either hylafax still receives faxes for all MSN,
> > or it receives no faxes at all.
> >
> > i'm using:
> > - hylafax 4.1.5, from the hylafax-4.1.5-1rh6 rpm built by Darren
> > Nickerson.
> > - capi4hylafax 0.14
>
> This version number is strange. Actually it should be 01.02.02 .
> Did you get it from AVM?
>
> Which is your version of capi4linux?

I think the version number i mentioned above means nothing, it seems to
be of an rpm built by a colleague of mine. Loading the module says it is
rev 1.1.2.1

> > - an AVM Fritz PCI card, v 2.0.
> >
> > It's running on RedHat 6.2 with all available upgrades.
> >
> > The config file looks like below.
> >
> > ---/---
> >
> > # $Header: /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.faxCAPI,v
> >  1.3 2003/02/26 14:38:53 rolek Exp $
> > SpoolDir:               /var/spool/hylafax
> > FaxRcvdCmd:             /var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd
> > PollRcvdCmd:            /var/spool/fax/bin/pollrcvd
>
> Different Spooldir's? Which one is correct?

Hm, this is a bit clumsy, but doesn't matter, because /var/spool/fax is
a symbolic link to /var/spool/hylafax. It's worth fixing though..

> > FaxRcvdGetsMSN:         1
> > FaxReceiveUser:         uucp
> > LogFile:                /var/spool/hylafax/log/xferfaxlog
> > LogTraceLevel:          527
> > LogFileMode:            0600
> > {
> >     HylafaxDeviceName:          faxCAPI
> >     RecvFileMode:               0600
> >     FAXNumber:                  xxx-xxxxxxx
> >     LocalIdentifier:            fax
> >     MaxConcurrentRecvs:         2
> >     OutgoingController:         1
> >     OutgoingMSN:                xxxxxxxxxx
> >     SuppressMSN:                0
> >     NumberPrefix:               0
>
> Should a zero be dialed before every outgoing number?

Actually, no, but it doesn't seem to do that anyway, cause we're able to
send faxes without trouble.

> >     UseISDNFaxService:          1
>
> I suggest setting this to "0", to use a 3.1kHz audio connection like
> analog fax machines do.

Will do so.

> >     RingingDuration:            0
> >     {
> >         Controller:             1
> >         AcceptSpeech:           0
>
> Set this to "1", as old faxmachines connect with a 3.1kHz audio
> connection. If you set this to "0", only calls with the ISDN-fax-service
> indicator will be answered.

It was set to 0 because it answers all MSN's at the moment. When we get
it to answer only one, i'll set it to 1.

> >         UseDDI:                 0
> >         DDIOffset:              "12345"
> >         DDILength:              3
> >         IncomingDDIs:
> >         IncomingMSNs:
>
> If everything else is OK, you should be able to list the requested MSNs
> behind this parameter, seperated by a comma.
> Is the MSN passed to your server from the telephone equipment? Check
> this in the log when you are able to receive.

Yes it is, but it doesn't seem to help. It still answers for other
numbers than the one specified after IncomingMSNs. Tha capi layer logs
show that the incoming MSN is different from the one in IncomingMSNs,
but it is answered anyway.

> Hope this helps.

Alas, not yet, but thank you for your time. Do you have any other ideas?

Regards,

roel

--
BViT Innovatienetwerk / rolek@bvit.net / www.bvit.net