Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax receives faxes at all incoming numbers

> I ran into the problem that my hylafax setup receives faxes, no matter
> which MSN they were sent to. i'd like hylafax to only pick up for one
> specific MSN, but i have been unable to get that working.
>
> i've been playing around with the IncomingMSN and IncomingMSNs options,
> but the result is that either hylafax still receives faxes for all MSN,
> or it receives no faxes at all.
>
> i'm using:
> - hylafax 4.1.5, from the hylafax-4.1.5-1rh6 rpm built by Darren
> Nickerson.
> - capi4hylafax 0.14

This version number is strange. Actually it should be 01.02.02 .
Did you get it from AVM?

Which is your version of capi4linux?

> - an AVM Fritz PCI card, v 2.0.
>
> It's running on RedHat 6.2 with all available upgrades.
>
> The config file looks like below.
>
> i'd greatly appreciate any hints.
>
> Regards,
> Roel van Meer
>
> ---/---
>
> # $Header: /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.faxCAPI,v
>  1.3 2003/02/26 14:38:53 rolek Exp $
> SpoolDir:               /var/spool/hylafax
> FaxRcvdCmd:             /var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd
> PollRcvdCmd:            /var/spool/fax/bin/pollrcvd

Different Spooldir's? Which one is correct?

> FaxRcvdGetsMSN:         1
> FaxReceiveUser:         uucp
> LogFile:                /var/spool/hylafax/log/xferfaxlog
> LogTraceLevel:          527
> LogFileMode:            0600
> {
>     HylafaxDeviceName:          faxCAPI
>     RecvFileMode:               0600
>     FAXNumber:                  xxx-xxxxxxx
>     LocalIdentifier:            fax
>     MaxConcurrentRecvs:         2
>     OutgoingController:         1
>     OutgoingMSN:                xxxxxxxxxx
>     SuppressMSN:                0
>     NumberPrefix:               0

Should a zero be dialed before every outgoing number?

>     UseISDNFaxService:          1

I suggest setting this to "0", to use a 3.1kHz audio connection like
analog fax machines do.

>     RingingDuration:            0
>     {
>         Controller:             1
>         AcceptSpeech:           0

Set this to "1", as old faxmachines connect with a 3.1kHz audio
connection. If you set this to "0", only calls with the ISDN-fax-service
indicator will be answered.

>         UseDDI:                 0
>         DDIOffset:              "12345"
>         DDILength:              3
>         IncomingDDIs:
>         IncomingMSNs:

If everything else is OK, you should be able to list the requested MSNs
behind this parameter, seperated by a comma.
Is the MSN passed to your server from the telephone equipment? Check
this in the log when you are able to receive.

>     }
> }

Hope this helps.
--