Re: [hylafax-users] problem faxing after version update...!?!

Hi,

> With you help last week I had setup the fax server to send and recieve
> faxes, also automatic fax printing. That was hylafax 4.1 under SuSe 7.3
> (AVM B1 ISDN Controller). Since there were other issues regarding the
> old version used in SuSe 7.3 including packages like Samba & CUPS, I
> decided to update new version of these packages.
>
> Now I have SuSe 8.2 and sucessfully set up my file/printing services.
> But wasn't successful with hylafax. I've installed the C4L & C4H came
> with SuSe 8.2, configured the config.faxCAPI to number +49.40.77291010

new game, new luck!

Did you use the C4L & C4H shipped with SuSE distribution or the ones
from  AVM (i don't really know if there is a difference between them)?

> and tried to send a fax with c2sendfax. Unfortunately, I'm not recieving
> the fax to this number, but to another line +49.40.77291077 (this is

This is a "conventional" fax machine?
Can you send a fax via c2faxsend (e.g. to a conventional machine)?

> because the PBX is configured to redirect the fax to 77 if 10 is not
> listening). I thought it may be a problem with the line. So I tried to
> send a fax manually from a fax machine (77291077) to the installed ISDN
> Controller (77291010), but I don't recieve the fax.

I assume this means, that the fax is not answering.
Is c2faxrecv running? After installation it is commented out in
/etc/inittab.
Is "AcceptSpeech" set to "1" in config.FaxCAPI?
Did you tell C4H the hylafax-spool-dir or was it recognized correctly
during installation?

> I looked into the SuSe support for some information and I got this;
> http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/kkeil_b1v4_8.2.html >
> Could this problem related to the driver installation? or is it related
> to hylafax configuration?

As there is a solution offered, you can test if this helps. If yes, it
is a driver problem.

Hope this helps.
For further requests please provide the version and build numbers of
C4L, C4H and your config.faxCAPI.
--
Holger