Re: [hylafax-users] Lee's HylaFAX

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

I'ld be interested in seeing the patches for your "hylafax-4.2.3.3" come
across hylafax-devel, or posted in bugzilla, and hopefully get some of
it into CVS some day...

That's the intent after the work gets some exposure. For example, today I coded up the work for naming PDFs as such in the queue files (rather than calling them "postscript"). So the idea is to let them roll around and pick up some exposure "over there" before I push them into hylafax.org CVS.

The main reason for doing it this way was because I had to set up a separate repository anyway because of...

I didn't realize that you had forked the HylaFAX code to remove all
references to hylafax.org.

I didn't. There are a number of references to hylafax.org. I had to set up my own repository, though, because I had to cut releases of something, and I was told that that something could not have the wording found in the files that were on hylafax.org CVS ("The HylaFAX Development Team"). So rather than going through the effort of trying to edit everything to make everyone happy each time I cut a release, I chose to just set up my own repository. It makes it much cleaner for me.

I used to maintain my own repository locally, privately. It usually had lots of work not found in the CVS at hylafax.org. I always moved that work over to the hylafax.org CVS after they got some exposure. Now I've just moved my own repository to a public forum, and it's much cleaner and easier for me.

I could go on, but anything more I could say has already been said before... and probably I already said what I did say just now.

Thanks,

Lee.