Re: [hylafax-users] OT: Hylafax & digital DID

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

In any event, Joe's *problem*, as I understand him, is that he *already
has* the DID T-1, and is trying to decide whether to replace VSI with
Hyla to make use of it, given (possibly) the use of his MultiTech
modem.

If I remember correctly, analog DID trunks are just ground-start trunks that send you some DTMF immediately after you wink to accept an incoming call, right?

If so, I'd suspect a combination of a PC running Asterisk with two T-1 ports and a channel bank with groundstart-capable FXS cards could be convinced to do this, but it would not be an out-of-the-box install. I don't see that it would be cheaper than just getting a T-1 capable FAX card, though, and that would be far simpler to setup and manage.