Re: [hylafax-users] OT: Hylafax & digital DID

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 03:14:02PM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
> On 2004.08.09 14:23 Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 05:20:21PM -0400, Joe Chasan wrote:
>
> > > the fax device is a multitech DID modem - they work with only a
> > > "analog DID trunk line which supports the inbound fax calls and a
> > > regular loop-start line for standard inbound/outbound fax
> > transmission."
> >
> > Got it now.  I'd be really surprised if anyone had this; I think your
> > modem is probably a relic.
>
> Huh?  I've got a few of these with various clients using them:
>
> http://www.multitech.com/PRODUCTS/Families/MultiModemDID/
>
> Maybe I'm missing something.

I thought I said it correctly the first time, but it's been a long
week, and it's only 1700 Monday.  :-)

He has a T-span. Not analog DID. My assertion was as to whether any
LEC's were provisioning analog DID trunks for new service anymore, and
don't think anyone is, though I'd be willing to be corrected.

But I *will* be surprised to hear that there's any CPE-side equipment
that would translate his T-1 DTMF DID into analog DID.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra@xxxxxxxxxxx

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi