Re: [hylafax-users] distinctive ring?

On Monday 09 August 2004 09:35, Kirk wrote:
> Sorry about not including the hardware and setup.  I have a Hayes Accura
> v.92 modem model 15328.  So I use minicom to open up communication to the
> modem and when I dial the distinctive ring number, the message from the
> console say's 'RING'.  Both numbers actually display the same thing so I
> tried to use the 'AT-SDR=7' but I get an error.  I have no problem going

Just curious - what happens if you enter "AT+VDR=?" in minicom ?
> out and buying another modem so if there's an 'ideal' model that I should
> be using please advise.  But if we can get this current one working that
> would be great.
>
> Any suggestions?

I have been using distinctive ring in Hylafax with a Multitech MT5634ZPX-PCI
for the last 6 months or so without problems.   But since the MT sends
DRON/DROFF codes for distinctive rings and Hylafax does not as yet support
that, I wrote a patch for it which can be downloaded from the hylafax wiki
website:  http://wiki.ifax.com/tiki-index.php and go to HowTo->Integration.

General note:  Within a few weeks I'm hoping to release a new version of the
patch to handle any arbitrary distinctive ring pattern.   The current version
is known to work only within the U.S.

George