Re: [hylafax-users] distinctive ring?

On 2004.08.09 16:40 George Bell wrote:

I have been using distinctive ring in Hylafax with a Multitech
MT5634ZPX-PCI
for the last 6 months or so without problems.   But since the MT sends

DRON/DROFF codes for distinctive rings and Hylafax does not as yet
support
that, I wrote a patch for it which can be downloaded from the hylafax
wiki
website:  http://wiki.ifax.com/tiki-index.php and go to
HowTo->Integration.

General note:  Within a few weeks I'm hoping to release a new version
of the
patch to handle any arbitrary distinctive ring pattern.   The current
version
is known to work only within the U.S.

George,

Allow me to request that you at least hang (perhaps in addition to the Wiki) your HylaFAX code patch work on the HylaFAX Bugzilla so that your work can get incorporated into the main source tree. Your work will gain much more exposure by being there (in the source tree). That exposure will help others help you improve these enhancements as well as making your life easier in maintenance overhead... plus everyone who uses HylaFAX will have easy access to your work without recompiling.

If you open the Bug report then you'll be the contact point if ever anyone posts comments there. If some other developer has to open a the Bug report for your work, then you'll likely miss out on some of the comments that go there... perhaps even months into the future when someone reopens it with some critical problem or an incredible enhancement.

Thanks

Lee.