Re: [hylafax-users] 33k faxing + ecm: still messed up pages?

On 2004.05.25 12:01 Giulio Orsero wrote:
On Tue, 25 May 2004 10:56:34 -0700, Lee Howard
<faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Allow me to recommend current CVS with Class 1.0 ;-)

Looking at the lucent-mt-10 config file I see it explicitly uses
hardware
flow control, while the 2.1 does not set it so that I think it
defaults to
software flow control. Could this be an issue (maybe 57600 is too much
for
software flow control)?

In my testing, software flow control on the MT5634 series was broken in Class 1/1.0. It didn't seem to affect Class 2/2.0/2.1, but it's possible... it's very hard to say what the modem is doing in Class 2x to know if software flow control is broken there or not. I would recommend using rtscts and see how it goes... if you can test still.

Anyway, that's why I changed the default on those to use rtscts instead of xonxoff when in Class 1/1.0.

The problem with flow control is that some modems have broken hardware control and some have broken software control and that there is no happy common ground between them. It would be nice to say "always use x flow control"... but that's not possible.

Lee.