Re: [hylafax-users] 33k faxing + ecm: still messed up pages?

On 2004.05.25 10:32 Giulio Orsero wrote:
On Tue, 25 May 2004 09:25:49 -0700, Lee Howard
<faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Is the EOR signal being used at all in the send session?
Modem was being used in class2.1.

Oh... Oh... Oh... Sorry, I thought you were using Class 1.0.

Allow me to recommend current CVS with Class 1.0 ;-)

Is EOR visible in log if ECM is
performed
by modem?

No, it is not. The manufacturer may cause an error hangup code (+FHS: != 00) or it may cause a clean hangup code (+FHS: == 00). Depends on how the manufacturer handles it.

Today I quickly looked at the logs and they were perfectly
clean.
I'll see if tomorrow I can check again.

Class 2.1 logs won't tell us much, unfortunately.

>> If there's a problem on the phone line, serial port, whatever,
>> shouldn't ECM
>> somehow detect this?
>
>Well, ECM won't particularly *detect* it, but it will be able to
detect
>the errors that it would create in the data stream and request
>retransmissions.
Yes, this is what I meant; I expected the modem would pass some kind
of
error about persistent ecm crc failures to HylaFAX.

The answer here is yes, but in the case of Class 2.1 this information will not likely be available to HylaFAX because Class 2x hides this kind of information from us.

>I've not had any reported problems like this with V.34-Fax.  Would
you
>mind sharing a log with me?  Maybe it will give me some clues.
Tomorrow I'll see if I can get a log, but as I said they were class21
and
clean.

Nevermind. I can't do much about Class 2.1 errors except recommend a switch to Class 1.0.

Lee.