Re: [hylafax-users] Not able to install faxmodem

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 01:56:58PM +0300, Ehab El Maraghy wrote:
> Tomas
> Thanx for answering
> I am running all this commands in minicom as root
> the output of ls -l /dev/ttySHSF0 is:
> crw-------    1 uucp     root     240,  64 May 28 08:31 /dev/ttySHSF0
> and when I typed   ps wwwaux | grep hfaxd   I got
> uucp      2553  0.0  0.5  3160 1328 ?        S    13:47   0:00 [hfaxd]
> root      2790  0.0  0.2  3568  624 pts/0    S    13:49   0:00 grep hfaxd
> any suggestions ??

Hmmm. This one looks OK to me (hfaxd running as uucp and the
tty owned by uucp and with read and write permissions).

Let's see your original post...

[...]
> whenever I type faxmodem ttySHSF0 I get (FIFO: open: No such device or
> address)

Ah-ha. Seems I've been sleeping! Hylafax tries to create a
fifo in (usually) /var/spool/fax/

After calling faxaddmodem there should be a FIFO.ttySHSF0 in
there. If not -- what is keeping faxaddmodem from creating
it?

You might try either to answer this question (e.g. by using
strace) or just adding the FIFO by hand (mkfifo, then chown
to uucp.uucp, then chmod 600).

Ask if anything is unclear.

Regards
-- tomás