[hylafax-users] 33k faxing + ecm: still messed up pages?

HylaFAX cvs20040318 on linux,
LT V.92 1.0 MT5634ZBA-V92 Serial Data/Fax Modem Version 1.28c
Send-only.
Using default config file.

1. Could never use firmware RTFCC, received faxes would get squished after
first line of text; so I used SoftRTFCC instead.

2. Even if ECM (modem firmware) is used, and logs are clean (normal and
proper end of connection) sometimes receivers are angry because: blank
pages, squished text, ... (the only thing in common I could find is that
with these receivers > 14k  was used).

So, for now I switched to class1, 14k, HylaFAX RTFCC and ECM, and I hope
things will get better.

Did anyone experience similar behavior (corrupted pages even if using ECM)?

If ECM is used, I thought it would be almost impossible to get squished
text; if ECM works correctly this means that either the image is broken even
before sending it to the modem or the receiver breaks it after receiving it
ok, right?

If there's a problem on the phone line, serial port, whatever, shouldn't ECM
somehow detect this?

I understand I could try latest cvs and 1.0, but the users are already
agitated so that if class1 will work I will not be able to make any more
changes. This email is just to know what to do next time I'll use a 33k
faxmodem.

Thanks

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx