[hylafax-users] Two more, please. was: Re: Three Configuration Questions . . .

Thank you Matt.  Two more questions to clarify.

I have now:

1) edited etc/config.ttyS1, changing:
RingsBeforeAnswer: 30 to
RingsBeforeAnswer: 0

2) checked to ensure that metamail is installed (it is),
added two lines to bin/faxrcvd and now must invite someone
to send me a test fax to ensure that these changes are working;

and

3) deleted the line from /etc/hosts.hfaxd.

As I got in this morning, a broadcast job of over one hundred numbers
was just about to complete.  There was no evidence that it had used
ttyS1 at all.  Everything ran on ttyS0 from what I have seen -- the
expensive phone line.

Two more questions:

Question #4)
Where would I start looking to determine why a line that has an
etc/config.ttyS1 file and is properly cabled to a phone line has not
shared the work load in getting this fax out?

Since first asking this question this morning (not sure why that
didn't hit the lists), I reran faxaddmodem and then ran faxmodem, as
well.  But additional tests have shown on-going problems.

Question #5)
What is the proper syntax for the -h parameter for sendfax:
	-h "ttyS1@localhost"?

After some experimentation, it seems to accept this syntax.

I'm using two identical Multi-Tech MT-2834-ZDXb's which can't seem to
speak with each other.  I have now had three successful tests of ttyS0
receiving faxes from outside the office and about 90 (of perhaps 110 or
so) successful attempts to send a fax with ttyS0 (the errors not being
obviously attributable to the modem, though).  I guess I should next try
to send something to some other machine with ttyS1.

But I'm still getting errors as outlined below.