Re: Design for a portable Java hylafax clients: i wantyour opinions, please!

Edward King wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You mentioned an efficient converter for fax - pdf.  I just finished modifying
> the faxrcvd script to convert the fax into a pdf file and then email it -- it
> uses Peter Stamfest's fax2pdf program and somebody else's base64.
>
> The email has the fax as an attachment -- and has been tested with Outlook 2000
> and Netscape 4.7 (both recognize it as a PDF with no problem).  We also checked
> it using Acrobat 3 and 4 -- both work.
>
> If you want a copy of the modified faxrcvd script I can post that.

That sounds very useful indeed.  I want one.  :-)

I visualize putting it in the webserver's document path, and sending out
an E-mail with a link only!  Especially useful, if you have multiple
possible recipients.  A drag, though, if there's private stuff!