Re: Design for a portable Java hylafax clients: i wantyour opinions, please!

Hello,

You mentioned an efficient converter for fax - pdf.  I just finished modifying
the faxrcvd script to convert the fax into a pdf file and then email it -- it
uses Peter Stamfest's fax2pdf program and somebody else's base64.

The email has the fax as an attachment -- and has been tested with Outlook 2000
and Netscape 4.7 (both recognize it as a PDF with no problem).  We also checked
it using Acrobat 3 and 4 -- both work.

If you want a copy of the modified faxrcvd script I can post that.

-  Edward King