Re: [hylafax-users] Spool dir on samba share

Michele Petrazzo <michele.petrazzo@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> David Muriel wrote:
>> The problem is that I need to have access to sendq and docq when the
>> server is not running,
>
> What server hylafax or linux server?

Both. If one of the linux servers where hylafax is running goes down,
or even if only hylafax goes down in one of them, the faxes on that
server will be moved to the other server while the first is down.
When the server goes up again, it will process only the remaining
faxes on its queue (the faxes will be moved several at a time, not all
at the same time).  For this I need the queue of the stopped server to
be available from the other server, so the first option were to put
the queue on a shared storage, but the storage supplied by my client
is a windows share :-(

>> so I need it to be in some kind of shared storage.  My client has
>> supplied this storage as a windows share, so this does not have an
>> easy solution.
>
> This isn't a good solution. As I know (as I remember that I read into
> the sources), hylafax _need_ *nix file systems and its features like
> links, so if you have a smb share you can't do it.

Is there any documentation on this?  Could it be possible to have it
always owned by the same user and group and have it 777 as
permissions so it can be set when mounting the share?

>> If I put docq and tmp on the share, the error changes to 'Operation
>> not permited'.  I'll try to get the client to supply the storage at
>> least as nfs on a unix server, or else try another way to copy the
>> relevant directories to the share.
>
> Do a simple, but intelligent copy every one/two minutes, or something
> like that can be a good solution.

That's one of the alternatives I'm considering.

Thanks.

Bye.