Re: [hylafax-users] Spool dir on samba share

David Muriel wrote:
Michele Petrazzo <michele.petrazzo@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

David Muriel wrote:
The problem is that I need to have access to sendq and docq when the
server is not running,
What server hylafax or linux server?

Both. If one of the linux servers where hylafax is running goes down, or even if only hylafax goes down in one of them, the faxes on that server will be moved to the other server while the first is down. When the server goes up again, it will process only the remaining faxes on its queue (the faxes will be moved several at a time, not all at the same time). For this I need the queue of the stopped server to be available from the other server, so the first option were to put the queue on a shared storage, but the storage supplied by my client is a windows share :-(

I think that with a smb share you cannot to your work. Another solution can be to create (buy) another, little and cheap, storage with linux that do the work.

Is there any documentation on this?  Could it be possible to have it
always owned by the same user and group and have it 777 as
permissions so it can be set when mounting the share?

Like Aidan said, Hylafax need *nix fs features. Try to read the sources for understand which.

Do a simple, but intelligent copy every one/two minutes, or something
like that can be a good solution.

That's one of the alternatives I'm considering.

I think that can this is the only left.

Bye,
Michele