To: "Ivan Petrov" <ivanp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] caller ID issue

Ivan Petrov wrote:

Thanks Lee,

I just tried Class 1 - now I can receive the fax, but seems I don't get the callerID at all.
This is the config file I'm trying.

Set ServerTracing: 0xFFF in your modem config file. Then restart faxgetty, send another fax to yourself, and look at the system log (/var/log/messages) for the CallerID information there. It probably will show up something like this:

NMBR = 8885551212
NAME = JOHN DOE
DATE = 20051215
TIME = 1312

You need to use this information to configure CallIDPatterns (or CIDNumber/CIDName). Then in your modem config file you set:

CallIDPattern: "NMBR = "
CallIDPattern: "NAME = "

The parsed data should then show up in the faxinfo output for the TIFF file (usually showing up in the mail notification) as well as you're able to utilize them in your FaxDispatch as $CALLID1 and $CALLID2 respectively.

Lee.