Re: [hylafax-users] What is your percentage of hard failures

--- Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Did you try my suggestions?
>

> http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2005-08/msg00411.html
>
> If so, what were the results?

Yes, but it made no difference.

> >it was never resolved and he just used
> mgetty+sendfax
> >on freebsd and has been fine with that.

> Well, good for him, I guess.  I wouldn't read
> anything into this,

Yes, except that he was using the same modem. You
would reckon it would fail just the same if the modem
were at fault.

It would be nice to know the type of fax machines that
don't work for me. I'm not much into fax machines so
I'm not even sure of the types. It might not even be
the type of fax machine but perhaps the type of
connection to the fax machine for instance if it's a
dedicated line or goes through some switch.  I don't
know.

For an odd reason the computer I'm using has an
internal winmodem which is not used (yet it wasn't
removed). The USR modem is external and must be at
least 4 years old. I'm going to splurge on a new modem
and see what happens.

I wonder if it could be settings in my config.modem
file.

Peter