[hylafax-users] Distinctive Ring Tones

Hi All,

My understanding is that the command to enable Distinctive Ring
detection depends on the Modem's chipset and all are derived from three
generic chipsets.

CHIPSET			ENABLE		RESPONSE
3Com/USR/TI 		"ATS41=1"	RING A, RING B, RING C,...
Rockwell/Conexant 	"AT-SDR=7	RING 1, RING 2, RING 3,...
Lucant/Agree		"AT+VDR=1,0	DRON xxx DROFF yyy

where xxx in the time the RING is on and yyy is time the RING is OFF.
The VDR parameters are param 1 is 0 or 1 for off or on and param 2 is
0 - n which is the time interval for the RING count and is usually
default of 100 millisecs.

As I said this is my best understanding and is not necessarily all
correct.

I have tested two V90/92 models here. A SWANN SMART Turbo E120, and
DIAMOND VOICE 56SE. They are both Lucant types. Unfortunately, this is
the only mode of DR that hylafax does not support.

Has anyone got a patch or is anyone working on an update for this type
of distinctive ring response?

Glenn