Re: [hylafax-users] pdf attachment file empty

Joseph wrote on 11/12/04 08:50 PM:

After sending a fax the pdf file attachment in fix notification email is
empty.
Does anybody knows how to fix it?

I've metamail installed and ps2pdf is working.

"when corresponding about this software please always specify:

   * what version you have (check here
     <http://www.hylafax.org/version.html> if you are unsure of your
     software version),
   * what system you're running on, (if Linux then please include the
     distribution) and,
   * if the problem is modem-related, identify the modem and the
     firmware revision."

Anyway, if you are on Hylafax 4.2.0, it is probably the base64 issue. See the list archives from November 16, 2004:

http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2004-11/msg00283.html

I think I've also noticed that if you run faxsetup after upgrading from 4.1.8 to 4.2.0 (as you're supposed to) I think it re-writes the ENCODING=base64 line in setup.cache. So if I'm not mistaken, this is not strictly a bug, it could be called "user error".

Cheers.

Martin