[hylafax-users] Can`t fax from clients ("CAPI not installed")

Hello list,

this is tim from southern germany having his first installation of
hylafax. It is v4.2.0 on debian with a fritz!card installed via CAPI
interface.
Receiving works fine, sending not so much: I can send documents from the
command line from the hylafax server itself, even as user, but sending
from a client with sendfax ends up with "CAPI not installed" though it
_is_ installed and works.
I created a fax account with "faxadduser -p userpasswd -u 1000
tim" (where userpasswd is the passwd for local user tim, uid 1000).
Password is prompted when  i try to sendfax, but i get nothing but this
error.
Looks like a permission problem, right?

 tim