Re: [hylafax-users] Rockwell modem cards in Lucent TNT

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 04:57:10PM -0700, Lee Howard spake thusly:
> Can you fax to yourself?  (Send a fax out one port and into another?)

I have been trying all evening to implement this suggestion with no luck
because if we set up the call routes to route back to itself it considers
it a loop and has an error. We will be going on-site physically on
Thursday and may try a patch cable to take it out of the TNT and back in.
Doing everything digitally does make some simple things more complicated.

> This is the point where I would start recommending to test another
> modem type on the same line, to the same destination connected to the
> same server.

Testing another modem type on the same line is a bit of a problem because
we have a DS-3 connected directly into the TNT and everything is handled
digitally. It's not like we are plugging a PC card faxmodem into a POTS
line.

> >Aug 24 16:20:59 lnx FaxSend[11006]: /dev/t/dev/ttya0: Can not open
> >modem
> >(No such file or directory)
> >
> >I have been noticing this occasionally for weeks. I'm sure I have the
> >device named correctly everywhere in my configs, I don't know where
> >this
> >mangled device path is coming from.
>
> I can't tell you on that one.  Surely it's coming from somewhere in
> your build/configuration.

I thought so at first but it is very sporadic. I have only one fax line
configured (at the moment) so there is only a few places it could be. But
I can send and receive faxes for quite a while very successfully and then
that will pop up. I think it tends to happen more if the TNT disconnects
my telnet session to it set up via the PortRedirect script.

--
Tracy Reed                     The attachment is a digital signature.
http://copilotconsulting.com   More info: http://copilotconsulting.com/sig