Re: [hylafax-users] Somewhat OT: Need to overlay data onto form prior to faxing

I can probably learn some postscript, and hack up a program to this, but
before I set about re-inventing the wheel, does anyone know if such a tool
already exists? I would think this to be a popular feature if it were added
to Hylafax as part of the sendfax program.

I was previously looking into this but I couldn't find any tools that did a proper job of it. Learning to write/manipulating PS seemed to be to large of a task as well. In the end I took my ascii data, converted it into XML, and created a XSL template that resembled the printed form. Right now the users pull up the XML file in their web browser to confirm its what they want, and then use a hylafax client to send it to hylafax; this way the browser and printer driver do the conversion to PS. If I wanted to automate the process I could have used FOP (http://xml.apache.org/fop/).

I guess in the end I was more willing to learn XML than to learn PS.

--
Steven Kurylo