Re: [hylafax-users] Somewhat OT: Need to overlay data onto form prior to faxing

Giulio,

Thanks for the reply!

> If you original data is ascii you can use enscript to overlay
> a form (in eps
> format) on every page. Look at
> http://www.hylafax.org/howto/clients/as400pscript
> for an example on a logo put on the first page only.

What I have is a blank form, scanned to a tiff file and converted to ps, and
an ascii data file, converted to ps via enscript.  I want to overlay the
form with the data prior to faxing.  I have read others say that enscript
will do it, but have not seen any examples nor found any combination of
command line options to make it so.  Your example above seems to append a
printed form with an eps logo, not really 'overlay' the data onto it.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

> If you have ps as input, then look at
> http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/pdfs/tn/5144.pdf
> on how to use/add postscript forms
>
> --
> giulioo@xxxxxxxxx

I have downloaded this and will review it.  Thanks.

JM