Re: [hylafax-users] Somewhat OT: Need to overlay data onto form prior to faxing

--- Jim Moseby <JMoseby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Giulio,
>
> Thanks for the reply!
>
> > If you original data is ascii you can use enscript
> to overlay
> > a form (in eps
> > format) on every page. Look at
> > http://www.hylafax.org/howto/clients/as400pscript
> > for an example on a logo put on the first page
> only.
>
> What I have is a blank form, scanned to a tiff file
> and converted to ps, and
> an ascii data file, converted to ps via enscript.  I
> want to overlay the
> form with the data prior to faxing.  I have read
> others say that enscript
> will do it, but have not seen any examples nor found
> any combination of
> command line options to make it so.  Your example
> above seems to append a
> printed form with an eps logo, not really 'overlay'
> the data onto it.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi Jim.

The word "logo" shoulded seen as generic, but I agreed
that in some situations could induced in error. I used
the word logo because I used it in that way, I scanned
a paper with our company logo and merge all the ascii
data in there. So, you can use whatever you want for
the base document where you will insert the ascii
data, but be aware that the file must be in the eps
format. Soon you have that file, you can take your
ascii data and overlay/merge it with the file,
proceeding like Giulio told you in a later email.

Note: the printed form that you mentioned, is nothing
more than ascii data sent from our AS/400 using lpr
support, I just redirect the data and merge/overlay it
with the "logo" file.

Cheers.

Pedro