Re: [hylafax-users] [pkraus@pelsupply.com: Re: FaxCover 4.1.8 -editing psfile]

> * Paul Kraus <pkraus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040804 16:43]:
> >
> > I set the setting in the printer properties.
> > I then loaded my doc in word. printed it (checking the properties here
> > to make sure they where still set correctly).
> >
> > I am still getting out like this even with optimize for portablity...
> > 65 1630 M ( )S
> > 950 1635 M (XXXX)[54 54 54  0]xS
> > 1166 1635 M (-)S
> > 1192 1635 M (to)[21  0]xS
> > 1257 1635 M ( )S
>
> That would be word trying to do it's "publishing" spacing, and stuff.
>
> But the good thing is that you should be able to just to stick your text
> in the XXXX line (and delete the (-) and (to) lines.
>
> An unfortunate problem with programs trying to "position" text instead
> of letting it flow naturally.

Now for My 2c worth,

I tend to use netscape for laying out of documents - mostly because it produces very readable postscript. We use postscript quite heavily here without a problem.

Cheers,

Bruce Whittaker,
CASS Support,
Extension  34193
External     (02) 9269 4193.
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.

eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content