Re: [hylafax-users] [pkraus@pelsupply.com: Re: FaxCover 4.1.8 - editing ps file]

> * Paul Kraus <pkraus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040804 16:43]:
> >
> > I set the setting in the printer properties.
> > I then loaded my doc in word. printed it (checking the properties here
> > to make sure they where still set correctly).
> >
> > I am still getting out like this even with optimize for portablity...
> > 65 1630 M ( )S
> > 950 1635 M (XXXX)[54 54 54  0]xS
> > 1166 1635 M (-)S
> > 1192 1635 M (to)[21  0]xS
> > 1257 1635 M ( )S
>
> That would be word trying to do it's "publishing" spacing, and stuff.
>
> But the good thing is that you should be able to just to stick your text
> in the XXXX line (and delete the (-) and (to) lines.
>
> An unfortunate problem with programs trying to "position" text instead
> of letting it flow naturally.

 I noticed this when trying to find an easy, (dream on), way to strip the
fax number from a PS document. Whichever program you use will completely
alter the layout of the PS file. Save as text/rtf, and then print, seems
to be the most portable way. Obviously, main drawback of this is any
special formatting or characters go out the window.

Matt