[hylafax-users] [pkraus@pelsupply.com: Re: FaxCover 4.1.8 - editing ps file]

--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 04:19:26PM -0400, Bill Binko wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Paul Kraus wrote:
>
> > I am not really a windows guy nor a postscript guy...
> > Can you recommand a better driver or
> > tel me what i should change to make it more "Portable".
>
> I'd recommend the Apple LaserWriter 16/600 PS driver.  After you create
> the printer, open up the properties and choose "Printing Preferences",
> then click on the Device Settings tab and choose "Advanced".  Open the
> Postscript Options and check the "Postscript Output Option".  Make sure
> it's on "Optimize for Portability".
>
> We've had good luck with that creating decent postscript.

I set the setting in the printer properties.
I then loaded my doc in word. printed it (checking the properties here to
make sure they where still set correctly).

I am still getting out like this even with optimize for portablity...
65 1630 M ( )S
950 1635 M (XXXX)[54 54 54  0]xS
1166 1635 M (-)S
1192 1635 M (to)[21  0]xS