Re: [hylafax-users] [pkraus@pelsupply.com: Re: FaxCover 4.1.8 - editing ps file]

* Paul Kraus <pkraus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040804 16:43]:

> I set the setting in the printer properties.
> I then loaded my doc in word. printed it (checking the properties here to
> make sure they where still set correctly).
>
> I am still getting out like this even with optimize for portablity...
> 65 1630 M ( )S
> 950 1635 M (XXXX)[54 54 54  0]xS
> 1166 1635 M (-)S
> 1192 1635 M (to)[21  0]xS
> 1257 1635 M ( )S

That would be word trying to do it's "publishing" spacing, and stuff.

But the good thing is that you should be able to just to stick your text
in the XXXX line (and delete the (-) and (to) lines.

An unfortunate problem with programs trying to "position" text instead
of letting it flow naturally.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103