Re: [hylafax-users] notify.awk to attach pdf for failed faxes not working

On Jul 7, 2004, at 1:03 PM, Lee Howard wrote:

On 2004.07.07 09:07 Anthony Diak wrote:
I was looking around and found a notify.awk that supposedly was to
I noticed one thing though, in the man page for notify, I saw this:
NOTES
The behavior of notify is intended to be customizable via the etc/FaxNotify script, if present. FaxNotify is sourced after the q-file is parsed and all default values are preset.
Is this true? if it is, I cannot seem to find anything else about it (sample config files, etc) anywhere.

If you see that info about etc/FaxNotify then you must be using 4.2.0. In that case you do not replace notify.awk (I don't even think that notify.awk is called in 4.2.0), but you merely configure etc/FaxNotify.

Yep, thats probably why my notify.awk never wrote to the log file I specified, and nothing ever happened.

What step am I missing?

Just put:

RETURNFILETYPE=pdf

into etc/FaxNotify.

That worked great. Had to change it to

              if [ "$WHY" != "done" ]; then
                  RETURNFILETYPE=pdf;
              fi

for what I wanted -- to only show the pdf when the fax fails (but this was in the man page).

Thanks Lee!

-Anthony...