[hylafax-users] notify.awk to attach pdf for failed faxes not working

I was looking around and found a notify.awk that supposedly was to attach a pdf of the fax when it notifies of a failure (it also does a backup of all faxes in pdf format). I send a fax to a number that I knew would be continuously busy so that the fax would fail and hopefully get a pdf in my email with the fax I submitted. Nothing happened after my first attempt, and this is how I sent the fax:

sendfax -n -m -f "email@xxxxxxxxxx" -D -i "TEST NOTIFY.AWK" -T 1 -d 13309669887 /etc/hosts

I got an email saying the fax failed as normal, but nothing else. I thought that perhaps the script had an error in it somewhere, perhaps doing ps2pdf or something, so I changed the script to output to /log (a 777'd file) to see what was going on, and sent another test fax. Nothing appeared in /log so thats where I'm stuck. Is there a step that I am missing to set this up? I've never really tried to do anything like this with hylafax, and its not mission critical, it'd just be nice for having to manually re-fax some things to be able to fax the attached document.

I noticed one thing though, in the man page for notify, I saw this:

NOTES
The behavior of notify is intended to be customizable via the etc/FaxNotify script, if present. FaxNotify is sourced after the q-file is parsed and all default values are preset.

Is this true? if it is, I cannot seem to find anything else about it (sample config files, etc) anywhere.

What step am I missing? I know this is doable, and have seen several things in the list about this, but I never saw a formal HOWTO anywhere on this (I looked around for a little bit), and was wondering if someone could help me out.

Attached is the notify.awk script that I have in place.

Thanks,

Anthony...