Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax client for software for windows.

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 12:16:51AM -0400, Darren Nickerson wrote:
> Michael,
> While I appreciate the concise review of available clients, specific stuff
> like this will always be 'one person's opinion' unless it's open to
> contributions from many people. Something so subjective really doesn't seem
> like it has a home in the list's welcome message.

True. I was just trying to find a way to bring it to people's attention
as quickly as possible, to try and help them find it more easily. Hell,
I'd even be willing to try and review more of them if it would help
people deal see it somehow.

> That's not to say there's not value in making the welcome message contain
> more pointers to useful information, or specific sections of the hylafax.org
> site, or the HylaFAX Wiki.
> In your experience, do people ever really read this welcome message?

I know that -=I=- try to always do so. I might not all the time, but I
do try to do so. It usually contains, at a minimum, the instructions to
remove yourself from the list, and sometimes some other good information
to help me avoid looking stupid when I start sending out emails. Believe
me, I do well enough on THAT count on my own, I'll take any help I can
get to avoid it :)

As to whether others do or not, well... I don't know. I'd like to think
they do, but who knows? Chances are, you're right, and they don't.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My IM IDs: Jabber/pedersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ICQ/103345809, AIM/pedermj022171