Re: [hylafax-users] What's required to make faxpolling work?

On 2003.07.04 09:10 Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

> IIRC, if in faxgetty is in class2, and the modem doesnt' support
> polling, it doesn't report polling to faxq, so faxq thinks that modem
> doesn't support polling, and will never schedule the job on it.
>
> faxq should only schedule polling jobs on devices that have given it
> polling with it's capabilites...

Ah, indeed.

I answered the question of "can I send in Class 1 but answer in Class
2", but it doesn't resolve the polling matter.

Peter, looks like you're gonna have to run Class 1 with your default
config or try something more complicated.

(As a side note... I really don't understand the obsession with using
Class 2 in cases when it doesn't have features beyond Class 1 and
especially in cases when it lacks features that Class 1 has.)

Lee.