[hylafax-users] Mail merge on linux, non X

Hello all,

We would like to build a system where a user can create a letter on his
Windows PC. This letter should then be submited via the intranet system to
the server, along with any pictures involved. After that, a php script
should process the contacts database on this intranet server and submit a
personalised copy of the letter to sendfax.

Why this way? The letter is prepared by an external copywriter. The contacts
database is on the intranet server and we all have thin clients.

It is sorta working for the moment but it is lacking important features.
What I did was have the copywriter give us a HTML file of the letter with
template fields in it like {company_name} and such. This template is
processed against a contact by a php script, written to a new HTML file, ran
trough html2ps and the resulting ps is then submitted to sendfax. Thereafter
the new html is  deleted.

It works good but not great. Lay-out of the ps is sometimes unpredictable
and html2ps cannot handle more than one fontface in the same letter. This
and other factors make that the resulting faxed letter does not allways look
exactly as the copywriter intended. This makes the boss p$ssed and we canot
have that :-)

Any suggestions?

Edison