Re: [hylafax-users] Class1 vs. Class2

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 11:29:22PM -0800, Lee Howard wrote:

     On 2003.01.05 16:12 John Darrington wrote:

     >I was watching the remote end, and yes, it received the first page.
     >Does this mean however, that I have to optimise timings according to
     >the type of machine to which I'm sending?

     Upgrade first, then worry about the timings.

To what version must I upgrade?  Hylafax is not packaged for my OS
beyond 4.1.2 --- If I need a later version than that, then I'll have
to start putting a lot of custom mods into the OS, which I'd rather
avoid if I can.

     Do humor me, though, and try sending in 1D-MR (MH).

OK.  How do I do that?  Do you want me to try this before I upgrade or
afterwards?

     After upgrading you mess with the timings.  Hopefully there's a setting
     which will work with all of your destinations.

Since it failed to function after 3 attempts, then presumably I should
*decrease* the delay rather than increase it???

John

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://www.keyserver.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.