Re: [hylafax-users] Fw: facsimile job 7 to 27830433 removed from queue

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 12:20:41AM +0800, alexander chow wrote:
> My name is Alex. Just installed HylaFAX v4.1.2 under Linux RedHat 7.2
> (installed by the rpm version)

Thanks; that's the first important thing we need to know when doing
this.

> The modem I used is Bullet Modem E56K (manufactured by E-Tech) with firmware
> version rc288dpi-1.v1.4 (I guess). When I type the command faxstat:
> It states that, the Hylafax scheduler .....:running and nothing more. I
> think there is communication problem between the server and the modem. So, I
> use the minicom to configure the modem (no problem for that)
>
> I followed every step in the HOW-TO, it works out perfect. I don't know what
> the problem(s).

I concur with Josh and Lee; the fact that faxstat does *not* return
information about the individual modems, in addition to the status line
for the server itself, suggests very strongly that you either 1)
haven't run faxaddmodem for each modem, or 2) have not added the
faxgetty's to your inittab and enabled them (Lee: this is still manual,
right?  I haven't installed 4.1 yet...)

> And I use Whfc as the client to fax, it returns me this page. (How can I
> directly send the fax from the fax server? By which command?!)

If you do *not* have a faxgetty running for the modem, then you'd be
needing to manually tell the server that a modem is available for
faxing, and you almost certainly haven't done that either.

Check on those two items, and let us know.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")