Re: [hylafax-users] Monitoring hylafax jobs

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 01:29:46PM -0700, Erick Thompson wrote:
> > If the e-mail bounces, the mail would go back to the faxdaemon.
> > Configure your MTA to send such bounced messages to you.
>
> It's been quite a while sense I've worked on Linux. How do I tell what the
> current MTA is (I'm running RH 7.3)? And do you have any pointers on setting
> up a bounce address for faxdaemon?

If you mean which version, my favorite approach is "telnet localhost
25".  A quick HELO will tell you both which version the binary is, and
(for sendmail at least) which config file you're running.

As for the question "where is the binary", on RedHat, at least, check
in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ and /etc/inittab or /etc/xinet.d/ for pointers to
which MTA is actually running.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")