Re: [hylafax-users] Line busy while it's not

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 09:37:54PM +0200, Wouter Vijvers wrote:
> By the way, there is another modem connected to the phone-line (using the
> 'phone' out on the Zoom modem). Can that cause trouble? The other modem can
> be used to connect to the internet. What value of SessionTracing should I
> set to maybe get more useful error messages?

The Fax modem is *upstream* of the other one?

Cause if the fxmodem is downstream, and the other modem is set to
autoanswer, you'd get this sort of symptom; they'd *both* hear the
ring; HYF would answer the faxmodem, but there'd be no line there
anymore, since the relay in the other modem lifted it.

Or, you'd have two modems answering simultaneously (if the first modem
didn't *have* such a relay); it still wouldn't work right.

Try running only the faxmodem as a diagnostic.

CHeers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows