Re: [hylafax-users] comments breakintolines on tgif 4.1.40

Lee Howard wrote:

> At 03:05 PM 6/22/01 +1000, Noel Mistula wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >Just subscribe to this list. I've been searching through the HylaFAQ
> >in the past 4 days on how to resolve this "comments BreakIntolines"
> >problem using faxcover.ps create by tgif 4.1.40.
> >
> >I tried to replace the
> >
> >       comments show
> >with
> >
> >         /rule (________________________________) def
> >         /y 189 def /x 141 def
> >         y -29 73 { x exch moveto rule show } for
> >         rule stringwidth pop 29 x y comments BreakIntoLines
>
> It doesn't work that way.
>
> You need to put the BreakIntoLines section (this stuff) after the last
> 'restore' (probably 'tgifsavedpage restore') and before 'end' followed by
> 'grestore', like this:

> tgifsavedpage restore
>
> /Courier findfont 11 scalefont setfont
> /rule (________________________________) def
> /y 189 def /x 141 def
> y -29 73 { x exch moveto rule show } for
> rule stringwidth pop 29 x y comments BreakIntoLines
> grestore
>
> end
> showpage
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> Ta da!  I would recommend using Courier for your comments section, or you
> run the risk of "running off the page" unless you plan for the dope who
> uses a line of capital Ws in his comments section.  Unfortunately,
> documenting the application of BreakIntoLines such that any user can easily
> implement it into any Postscript file is impossible, because of the variety
> of ways that they use Postscript.  This happens to be the way to implement
> it in tgif EPS.
>
> Lee.

Lee,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried to cut and paste your suggestion
above but still no luck. I still get format_failed from Hylafax server
logs.

Please note that I use the latest tgif and that I didn't use
make_faxcover
because the tgif 4.1.40 has the ability to export/print the obj file
into Postscript file format.

The tgif author mention to me that there are "lots" of changes of tgif
from the example in HylaFAQ (tgif 3.0.10) to the most recent tgif
4.1.40.
I don't know if your suggestion above works with the tgif 4.1.40.

My knowledge on Postscript is nada. I appreciate it if you could provide
further suggestions with regards to the above problem.

thanks
--
Noel G. Mistula
Network & Systems Administrator