Re: [hylafax-users] Line busy while it's not

> On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 09:37:54PM +0200, Wouter Vijvers wrote:
> > By the way, there is another modem connected to the phone-line (using
the
> > 'phone' out on the Zoom modem). Can that cause trouble? The other modem
can
> > be used to connect to the internet. What value of SessionTracing should
> > set to maybe get more useful error messages?
>
> The Fax modem is *upstream* of the other one?

Yeah (if I have the same definition of up and down). Config is:

[World] -> Zoom modem (HYF) -> Other modem (Win95 machine)

> Cause if the fxmodem is downstream, and the other modem is set to
> autoanswer, you'd get this sort of symptom; they'd *both* hear the
> ring; HYF would answer the faxmodem, but there'd be no line there
> anymore, since the relay in the other modem lifted it.

So, this wouldn't be the problem.

> Or, you'd have two modems answering simultaneously (if the first modem
> didn't *have* such a relay); it still wouldn't work right.
I think the modem in the Win95 machine isn't set to answer the phoneline,
but I can ask.

> Try running only the faxmodem as a diagnostic.

What would this do? Do you mean that if faxgetty doesn't run, I can try
sending a fax and see if the ring gets answered?

Thanks,
Wouter