Re: Hylafax Installation -- A Plea for Help

At 10:02 PM 5/28/2000 Darren Nickerson sez:

>   Paul> I have a USR Sportster Voice modem 56K internal and it works
>   Paul> flawlessly. My FAX server is using a Telebit Worldblazer that
>   Paul> occasionally gets incomplete fax sends so I do a resend using the USR
>   Paul> and that has been successful too.  The USR reports itself as a Class
>   Paul> 2.0 Fax so they haven't overun the ROMS with code to support 56K
> either
>   Paul> as a number of the Rockwell chipset vendors have done.
>
>Objection your honour . . . the witness is misleading the jury!
>
>Yes, the USR reports itself as a class 2.0 modem. But it's being driven in
>Class 1 because 2 did not work, remember? ;-)
>
>Or am I misremembering? :-P

Ohhhh Lord HylaFAX, you are probably right, I didn't admit that the USR was
working flawlessly in WinFAX Pro. I use it with Minicom only when that
machine is booted in Linux, where I read and set registers.

Paul Franz

PAF Consulting Engineers       |  427 - 140th Ave NE
(425)641-8202 voice            |  Bellevue, WA 98005
(801)749-8480 fax              |  <http://blackdog.bellevue.wa.us/>