Re: Hylafax Installation -- A Plea for Help

At 06:21 PM 5/28/2000 Dave Wreski sez:

> >   Benjamin> My main problem is with the prerequisite programs needed to run
> >   Benjamin> Hylafax and Hylafax configuration of my Robotics 56k EXT modem.
> >
> > OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You have a USR modem. Damn. You're screwed.
>
>Just what is it with the USR's that make them not work?  IIRC, WinFax
>actually suggests these modems as the modem of choice...
>
>Dave

I have a USR Sportster Voice modem 56K internal and it works flawlessly. My
FAX server is using a Telebit Worldblazer that occasionally gets incomplete
fax sends so I do a resend using the USR and that has been successful too.
The USR reports itself as a Class 2.0 Fax so they haven't overun the ROMS
with code to support 56K either as a number of the Rockwell chipset vendors
have done.

Paul Franz

PAF Consulting Engineers       |  427 - 140th Ave NE
(425)641-8202 voice            |  Bellevue, WA 98005
(801)749-8480 fax              |  <http://blackdog.bellevue.wa.us/>