Re: Hylafax Installation -- A Plea for Help

  Paul> Ohhhh Lord HylaFAX, you are probably right, I didn't admit that the USR
  Paul> was working flawlessly in WinFAX Pro. I use it with Minicom only when
  Paul> that machine is booted in Linux, where I read and set registers.

Eh?

The point is, just as Dmitry says:

  Paul> I have a USR Sportster Voice modem 56K internal and it works flawlessly.

  Dmitry> In Class 2.0 mode? I don't believe :-) Or, to be more more precise,
  Dmitry> it works only with some fax machines (and fails with others).

You are not running the modem in Class 2.0 in HylaFAX. It's running in Class 1, the only way it CAN run, since this is a USR doorstop ;-) I just wanted that to be obvious to everyone before they went out and bought flawless USR modems and came to you asking for your config to get them to run in 2.0.

-Darren