Re: Multi-Tech MT3334ZDX modem question

On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 06:34:53PM -0400, Jeff Jones wrote:
> As an aside, I have to buy a few more modems and was wondering what modems
> experienced users would suggest as "almost guaranteed to work" with
> Hylafax...I know the FAQ lists compatible modems, just looking for some
> personal recommendations.

Well, as I note whenever this comes up, the MultiTech ZDX modems work
very well, and customarily require very little configuration to setup.
I put up a 5634 for a client recently, and the only thing I had to
modify was the '@' in the dialstring -- the current release assumes
that modem is a 1934, which apparently wanted that character; the new
model doesn't.

Darren, Robert: have any new modem templates been added to the 6.1 beta
release?  Should I send you mine?

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592