Re: Error, please help

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 10:43:34PM +0100, David Woolley wrote:
> > First the necessary info:
> > I' m using Hylafax Ver. 4.0pl2 under Linux 6.1 with compiler ver. gcc
>                                        ^^^^^^^^^
> No such thing.  This looks like a Red Hat version number; the most
> recent Linux kernel version is 2.2.x (2.3.x as the development version).
> (Red Hat was 6.0 in mid June, Caldera 2.2, SuSE 6.1, Debian 2.1r2 and
> Slackware 4.0)

I'd bet on SuSe, myself.

> > 2.91.66 and Zyxel U1496EG+  with firmware 6.10
>  ^^^^^^^^
> I don't believe this either, althogh Red Hat have a habit of confusingly
> renumbering well known version numbers.

Actually, recent GCC's have 2.9x version numbers, being pre-3.0
releases; but I hadn't seen that particular number.

They're merging GCC and egcs back together.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592