Re: faxgetty and internet simultaneously

On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 11:53:54AM +0200, Ekkard Gerlach wrote:
> I=B4ve read in newsgroups, that a faxgetty locks
> the modem that there is no way to build up
> a ppp-internet connection.

You've been misinformed.

pppd has no problem siezing the line from an idle faxgetty to originate
an outbound network connection.  Now, if you're trying to do an
_inbound ppp connection, that's theoretically possible, too, but may
make some getty hacking necessary.

BTW, all: what was the final outcome of the 'getty drops the line on
data calls' topic?  I check the archives, as I'm _having_ this problem
with a client, but no answers; only queries.

Cheers,
-- jra
--=20
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra@baylin=
k.com
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionar=
y.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790=
 7592