Re: faxgetty and internet simultaneously

Hi,

Ekkard Gerlach schrieb:
>=20
> using Linux Suse 6.1/ Kernel 2.2.5
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
> I search a easy way to receive faxes an build up
> a internet connection (ppp) if necessary.
>=20
> I=B4ve read in newsgroups, that a faxgetty locks
> the modem that there is no way to build up
> a ppp-internet connection.
> The only way to use both is to restart initab
> with/ without faxgetty. Is there another
> more convenient way ?

Yes, if all is correct configured, faxgetty from hylafax=20
will go transparently out of the way if you try to build
an internet-connection. it does not lock the modem device!

the locking behavior mentioned in newsgroups is true for many
other fax-packages but not for hylafax.....

have a nice day
Christoph